RAISE YOUR ALTITUDE
aircraft & hire rates
We hold the quality of our fleet to the same standard we do our training. We use only the best, most suitable training aircraft.
TVSA have a range of Cessna and Piper aircraft available, including two brand new Piper Archer TXs with G1000 avionics. We also have two fully refurbished Piper Warriors with G3X and G650 avionics.
Our fleet is maintained on-site by our team at TVSA Maintenance.
To help both you and your aircraft stay safe, read our hire terms and conditions before you yell “clear prop!”
piper warrior II
The PA28-161 Warrior II was first built by Piper Aircraft in 1977 as an upgrade to its successful Cherokee family of aircraft. The Warrior is used at TVSA for basic and navigation training flights. Larger fuel tanks and a higher cruising speed than the Cessna C152 mean it can go further faster!
TVSA also has two recently refurbished Warrior aircraft fitted with Garmin G3X touch screen avionics, painted in our new fleet colour scheme!
piper archer II
The Piper Archer takes what worked well with the Piper Cherokee family of aircraft and adds a 180-horsepower engine. As a result, it climbs like a rocket and cruises an extra 10 knots faster, at the cost of a slightly higher fuel burn rate.
piper Archer tx
The newest aircraft in the TVSA fleet, our Archer TXs arrived with just 11 hours on the clock!
Fitted with a Garmin G1000® avionics package, these aircraft provide students with exposure to modern flight instrumentation. Pair that with comfortable leather seats, and these aircraft are perfect for longer navigation exercises!
TVSA’s Archer TXs are also capable of flight under the IFR and NVFR.
The Piper Arrow is fitted with a variable pitch propellor system and a retractable undercarriage – perfect for undertaking your MPPC and retractable undercarriage endorsements. It also cruises at 120 knots, making it a solid choice for training towards a commercial licence.
TVSA’s Piper Arrow is also capable of flight under IFR.
The Piper PA44 Seminole is a great aircraft for an introduction to multi-engine flight. It features two 180-horsepower engines, a variable propellor pitch system, a retractable undercarriage, and a full suite of avionics and flight instrumentation capable of operations under IFR.
At TVSA, the Piper Seminole is used for training towards multi-engine class ratings and instrument ratings.
The Cessna C152 is a two-seater fixed-gear aeroplane first built in 1977, and is used all over the world for flight training. They are perfect for early training sessions due to their basic layout and forgiving nature.
Due to the size of this aircraft, we do have height and weight restrictions for dual flights. If you are more than 6 feet tall or 90 kilograms, we recommend opting for the Piper Fleet.
Redbird MCX Sim
The Redbird MCX provides an immersive flight simulation experience. It features a wraparound display and three-axis motion, providing motion feedback for yaw, pitch, and roll. Changes to settings such as weather, position, and emergency drills can be initiated at the touch of a button, allowing students to experience different training scenarios in the safety of a simulated environment.
The Redbird MCX can simulate both single-engine and multi-engine aircraft with analogue or glass instrumentation, allowing a wide range of training options.
per vdo hour
aircraft hire rates
Current as of March 2022
Cessna 152 (C152)
Piper Warrior (PA28-161)
Piper Archer II / Archer TX (PA28-181)
Piper Arrow (PA28R-200)
Piper Seminole (PA44)
Redbird MCX Simulator
We have the ability to service aircraft all across Victoria. Our fully qualified engineers deliver quality service and speedy turnaround times.
What can we maintain?
Our team has extensive experience in the service of a range of aircraft and avionic electronics. Follow the button for more information.
terms and conditions
Hire Terms & Conditions
- All rates are per hour (start-up to shutdown).
- All private hire is to be paid for in accordance with our current private hire agreement.
- Rates listed are not applicable to overseas or full-time diploma students.
- All rates are inclusive of landing fees, excluding those at capital city international airports.
- Full payment is required on the day of the flight.
- Rates include fuel if fuel is taken from TVSA fuel bowser or purchased using TVSA fuel cards at selected airports.
- Fuel purchased off-field will be reimbursed at a maximum of the bowser rate of YBSS
- Aircraft hire exceeding 24 hours is subject to management approval, attracts additional terms, and will incur a deposit fee.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation fees may be charged if cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the booking.
- The cancellation fee is 50% of the expected flight duration for flights cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- Landing fees (excluding those at capital city international airports)
- Pre- and post-flight briefings
- Airservices fees outside of Bacchus Marsh
- IFR approach fees
- Fuel if purchased with TVSA cards
- CASA fees
- Additional training or tuition required to meet the standard